Monday, November 11, 2013

Becoming Alpha by Aileen Erin

Becoming Alpha is about a girl named Tessa that already has a pretty tough time fitting in because she is.. different.. but the kids at her school like to call her freaky Tessa because every time she touches someone she gets visions, in turn causing her to be isolated. Her parents decide to move from LA to a small town in Texas because they believe getting Tessa closer to the family she has never known will help her find her place in the world… that is before one night, one boy, and one bite. Now Tessa must find her place in whole new world she never even knew existed. Although I admit at first it started off a bit slow it did not take long for things to pick up. I found that Becoming Alpha was full of adventure, love, and friendship and from that moment when I finally got pulled in (and it didn’t take long) I was engrossed until the last page. I want to take a moment to talk characters. Tessa: the things I like about her. First, she’s not afraid to say what’s on her mind. She had an entire family, the Hoel family, against her and even in the midst of total choas she still managed to have a raw humor that I couldn’t help but love her for. Example: “One girl against three ass-Hoels.” or using words like “shitacular.” I really enjoyed the way the author would have her make little remarks like these. I felt it kept things fun. Dastien: I don’t have much to say on him besides I wish they made men like that in the real world. I liked his character and don’t get me wrong I rooted for him and Tessa the entire time but come on, can we say way to good to be true! Meredith: Tessa’s first true friend and that is exactly what she was.. a true friend, and funny in a sarcastic sort of way and to me that’s why they hit it off so well. Now last but not at all least Axel, Tessa’s older brother. Out of all the character relationships I favored this one the most. I absolutely loved how close he and Tessa were. Axel shows all throughout the book that he would do anything for his baby sister and it is so touching. Having an older brother that is not with me anymore I guess made me connect with the bond that Tessa and Axel shared just that much more. The author done a wonderful job on character/relationship development. My final thoughts: I will certainly be looking to read more of Alpha Girl. It was a most enjoyable story!

No comments:

Post a Comment