Friday, October 18, 2013

Only You (A Mephisto Covenant Book) by Stephanie Feagan

Mariah is broken, Phoenix is riddled with guilt, they are complicated and complex but when they are together the world can be a little easier to live in. An epic yet not at all traditional love story. I have never been one to really enjoy a romance novel but this book was so much more than your typical romance and I am so glad I decided to read it. This is my first book by this author but this will by far be my last! Stephanie Faegen just got herself a brand new fan and I look forward to reading so much more from her! I have never really been into the romance/new adult genre because I have never liked reading through excessive sex scences just to get to the story but this book did not at all make me feel like I had to skip over anything, it had just the right amount to make things 'steamy' but not to excess and take over the rest of the book and I must give the author props for that because this was actually the first time in my very long reading career that I have been able to read this type of genre and NOT have to skip over unnecessarily long sex scenes. Great plot, twist, characters, this book is just GREAT! This story grabbed me from the first chapter, Stephanie made me feel for the characters and what they were going through the entire time. Sometimes I would shout out loud, others I would come to goodreads just to make comments about what I was feeling. I used words like raw, intense, and incredible to describe this book while I was reading and this book absolutely deserves that kind of praise. I cannot wait to get my hands on another Mephisto book or any book from Stephanie/Trinity Faegen for that matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment